There are currently five planets in retrograde. The dreaded Mercury retrograde started yesterday and will be with us for three more weeks. Most will stay retrograde through August and some of September, with Neptune lagging behind until November.
So, how to proceed? Leaving the country won't help, and hiding under the covers is not recommended. Those pesky planets have a way of finding you wherever you go.
The work of retrograde is shadow work. It is time to grab your lantern and head into the dark woods of your soul. This is not as scary as it sounds. If you are proactive, you will have a less stressful experience.
Some general recommendations:
- For everything you do have one or two backup plans.
- Expect that things will take longer so prioritize and don't overschedule yourself.
- Pay attention to your emotions. Notice what triggers you and find ways to unload that gun so that you will not give away your power.
- Keep a journal. Note any habitual behaviors that need to be released.
- Make plans, but do not implement them. Make lists of things you would like to try and see what still looks interesting at the end of September.
- Be okay with not being okay. Most people will experience some emotional upheaval during this time. Don't run from your fears. Empower yourself to work through them so that they won't control you.
- Meditate. Turn inward and ask your guide to help you make sense of this crazy time, and give you suggestions about how to deal with it.
Humanity has been lost in the woods for centuries. It is time to get back on the path. The planets are pushing us in the right direction. If we don't resist that push, we will learn, heal and be better off. If we do, that push may become a shove that may leave you face down in the dirt.
Either way you will get there. The choice of how you will experience that is up to you.